Camping Out
Tuesday evening we got there just in time to make grand entry and afterwards we pitched our tents! It was a 6.5 hour drive; about 2.5 hours north of Winnipeg. The weather was great for camping. It only rained a little bit each night for about ten minutes and there was a nice breeze through the tents. Our last day there (Thursday) was a scorcher but nonetheless the girls absolutely loved camping and want to do it again.Although we did have a crappy shower experience Wednesday morning in the local hockey arena. We had to wait 20 minutes to use the communal shower. Luckily the other women opted to go one at a time rather than having us all pile in there buck ass naked hahaha When it came time for our turn I had to strip down and told the girls "Don't be looking at me either" haha They didn't. Then to top it off, the water came out of the shower heads at a trickle! One of the nieces had an idea to speed things up while waiting in line and put a few big globs of shampoo in her dry hair, needless to say that she spent most of her trickle shower getting it rinsed out. The next day we lucked out at the recommendation of the other guys my husband sings with as we traveled about ten minutes to a local high school and got our own individual, private showers with a steady stream. The showers were warm and we each took extra time in there, basking in the decent shower like we've never had one before haha.
I think we've all grown accustomed to hotel rooms and crashing the camper when we hit the p-wow trail. The last time I camped in a tent was a few years ago; it's not all that bad once you get used to it and having the weather on your side is a major bonus! So now here are some pictures of our campsite and also of Fisher Bay. During supper break we took a ten minute drive to take a gander at it :)




As my dad would say "A good time was had by all." And "S" the jingler took first in her category and "A" the shawler took second in hers. I didn't fare so well but that's ok I haven't been competing much this summer plus I missed my exit points the last day (they never announced we were to be excused) because I was braiding hair. Yes I am learning how to french braid! Each time I do it, they improve :)
Thursday we left around 10 PM and got back to B-town at around 5:30 AM Friday morning. We had some trouble at the border. Asshole American border anyways! Said my husband wasn't "legal" to be living here because we didn't have/file the proper paperwork. They almost wouldn't let him over the border because of it, but they relented and gave him a "visitor's pass". So now we have to get that straightened out with INS this week sometime, which will probably involve a trip to "the falls". They always seem to be assholes coming back to the states but not so much when you come through the smaller border stations.
I was so tired when we got home, as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. The alarm jolted me awake at 9:45 AM and I quickly jumped up and showered. I had to be somewhere at 10:30 AM.
That somewhere was at my old U where I was scheduled to take the PPST exam. I got in there about 10:45 and completed the test around 2:45. According to the scores I got to see right away I passed, but I have to wait on word for the written portion to be reviewed and scored.
Well time to straighten up the place and finish unpacking (haha still haven't completely unpacked yet).