Thursday, October 4, 2007

Congrats dear hubby!

As of today, my husband is no longer unemployed :)

Here's how the road to unemployment went...

After a year of teaching at the high school they told him he would have to re-apply for the position this year as it was going to be completely full time. (Last year he went from half time most of the year, to full time in the last term)

Well...

The grant to pay for the position didn't go through in time and so they told him it would start second term (which is in November). He called and checked on it last week and was told that it still hadn't gone through.

So last month, he applied to where I used to work (B&G Club) and a few weeks ago the paper said there were two positions open for language and culture teacher; one in White Earth and one in Pine Point. He sent in his resume to both places and interviewed for the one in P.P. last Wednesday.

This morning they called him back with an offer he couldn't refuse.

So skumps, cheers and a congrats to my hubby!

I'm just glad I didn't go crazy with my per cap, stuck that sucker in a savings account after I got it. I decided I wanted to try and always have some money in savings because you never know what's going to come up. I had enough in my accounts to cover this month's bills and possibly most of next month's.

It's neat how things just came together and worked out. Now we have to figure out transportation since he'll be going to P.P daily which is about an hour away and I'll be going to Mahnomen (an hour away) for class and we only have one good car. The black Cavalier I got in '99 and paid off about three years ago is finally going to hell. The check engine light's been on for about a week and the power steering went out and you get an arm work out each time you turn the corner lol So it's either put some $ back into it to get it up and running decently or look around for a more dependable and safe work car.

decisions decisions

Time to give Gaazh her pill!

|