Applejeed's haha
That's what my hubby called it last night as we sat down for dinner with Gramps, Gram and Em at Applebee's :) It was nice to see them all.Also when I got home from a long day of class, being on the road and only getting four hours of sleep, I was greeted by a nice campaign sign on the front lawn of our place. It looks like a true campaign sign; red white and blue :) I hope my grandpa gets in there and wins the chairmanship again.
So anyways it was a nice dinner with good conversation. I always enjoy hearing my grandpa's stories of his experiences. One of my favorite ones last night was when he told us of the time he was stationed in Hawaii and he was on a raft in the ocean looking into the water and a baby octopus start crawling up the side of the raft. I was kind of creeped out by the octopus part but I was captivated at the moment he was in...must have been so nice and peaceful at the time. Also the story of when him and some other guys went swimming in shark infested waters and they didn't even notice the signs...then they knew they were in trouble when they heard "what the hell are you guys doing?"
Oh yeah next Sunday I'm going to the city of hills overnight to attend a workshop on campus (Monday) and then viewing an art show then heading to a class on campus in the afternoon. I should see if it's possible for me to put in a work out at the nice fitness center on campus. The treadmills and elliptical machines have flat screen TV's built into them with a plugin for headphones.