Frozen
A few of my classes were canceled due to the frozen state of MN haha So I went to try and fire up the old war pony at 9 AM because I was sure that our afternoon Ojibwe class would still be held and the car wouldn't start! So I figured I'd try in the afternoon before I left.At 2:55 p.m. I went back out to start it up and I was certain it would start because it kind of warmed up, still it didn't fire up. :( I'm hoping it'll start sometime today, it started yesterday and we left it running for a half hour but I'm sure the subzero temps overnight chilled it to the core.
And so I emailed my professor to let him know of my situation and I thought I'd try the message in Ojibwe. I consulted my dictionary a lot to get the right terms. Here it is (with mistakes I'm sure but hey I'm still learning) Maybe Nookomis can tell me where I went wrong :)
Here's the body of the message:
"Zhebaa indodaabaan gii-nibo! Mii inendam mashkawaji geyaabi. Ingii-kagwe-maadakamigiz niizhing: zhaangaso diba'iganed idash naano diba'iganens jibwaa niswi diba'iganed. Gaawiin nimbi-izhaasii gikinoo'amaadiiwigamig noongom. Apegish indodaabaan wii-maadakamigiz waabang."
I wasn't sure if I needed to lengthen the "o" in to get "indoodaabaan" instead of what I put down "indodaabaan" I'm thinking I needed to do that. There's a few other things I wasn't sure about but I tried.
Here's what it's supposed to say:
"This past morning my car died! I think it's still frozen. I tried to start it twice: nine o'clock and five minutes before three o'clock. I won't be coming to school today. I hope my car will start tomorrow"