The shirt! (click on pics to see larger view)
Back view
Front view
Just learned about this and first time doing it! French seams! No more fraying!
It's all about the quality not quantity lol (fuzzy pic)
I'm happy with the way the shirt turned out. I'm half thinking that I need to add more to it but then again don't want to take away from that nice red fabric. It was kind of hard doing a men's grass outfit. For one, this is only the second men's one I've done (third grass outfit) and I wasn't sure what to put on there or how to design it. I went from pics of his beadwork for the colors and the special instructions to incorporate yellow and his clan into it. I think that since I've done so much detailed design work in the past I feel that I didn't do this to my full potential but then again the ribbon bands give it a more old style look and therefore I wanted to stay within that realm. =) My ol' man just got back from the powwow and he said it looks really nice. So that helps me be more comfortable with the job I did.
|