Thursday, January 29, 2009

school

The semester started again last week and it is back to busy for me. It's the last semester before we student teach in the fall. I happen to think that it is going to be the busiest semester by far. Day one of my practicum starts tomorrow. I go in for a few Fridays while going to class the other days and then in February I start the M-TH for two months straight. On some of those Fridays we have class. There is a lot of reading involved but the good thing is I find my classes interesting.

Commuting is a drag, especially since my carpool buddy had to move back to Need-ta-wash haha. The drives always went by quickly with her and I'll miss that but at least I get a two month break from the now lonely drives. I'm putting in some long days at class too, and it really messes with my work out schedule. I need to find a time to get my work outs back as I was doing well and was on a roll to shed the rolls! haha I'd like to shed them by spring, that'd be awesome.

This winter has been a cold one so far. I don't remember last winter being like this, but I do remember more blizzards! Speaking about things of winter, it lightly snowed last night and today and messed the roads up! After I got some coffee from my sis, I saw an accident scene this morning on the way out of town. It was by the airport and it was slick this morning. Anyways a truck must've been speeding and rolled into the ditch. Then while on the highway, a stupid truck almost crashed into me. It was coming from a back road towards the highway and came speeding towards the stop sign. It finally slammed the brakes on when it realized I was there and ended up doing a 180. Either the driver spaced out, or didn't think any traffic was around and was just going to go straight through. If I had been any slower, left any later or if they were traveling faster then it would have been a disaster. After that I didn't trust any drivers. So I just want to end this post and ask everyone to be careful and cautious on the roads. I better get ready for bed, I have to get up early and meet some 3rd graders. I'm kind of nervous, a new school, new staff and new setting. No more friendly faces of Lincoln. I'm going to miss that school but I hope this semester is another great experience.

|